Thursday, March 12, 2015

Typography Images




What is typography & how can it be used with images to make a lasting impact?
Typography is the practice of using words or letters in art. It can be used with images to make a lasting impact in several ways. One way it can be used to make a lasting impact is by making it relatable to the audience. Another way it can be used to make a lasting impact is through inspiration, and showing the audience a new approach or goal to something. It can also be used to make a lasting impact through information, spreading knowledge and such.

Describe your biggest challenge during this project. What did you do to overcome the issue?
One of my biggest challenges with this project was following the goals without screwing up, because that is a frequent mistake of mine. In order to overcome such a dilemma, I focused harder and tried again 2-3 times, and at that point, I knew exactly what I had to do. I finished my project exactly how I was supposed to. It also helped to watch several tutorial videos and listen to Mr. Sanderl and his instructions on what to do.

Explain each of your 3 examples, what makes them different, which one is your favorite & why?

My typography innovator picture was done on Nikola Tesla. He is a Serbian inventor from the 1800's, and the father of modern science. I idolize this man.
My typography image of a teacher was done of Mrs. Sanderl. I did this because Mrs. Sanderl is one of my favorite teachers, and the colors match her personality.
My final typography image was done on me. I've been filling in my spaces with words that describe me, like "music" or "intelligent".
On my fully finished image of myself, I used numerous colors, a gradient overlay, bevel & emboss, and the words 'Music, Nerd, Intelligent, Gaming, and Youtube'.

No comments:

Post a Comment