Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Double Exposed Portraits

Portrait photography is photography of a person, and it relates to profile view and silhouetting in several ways. Profile view is the angle of which a picture is shot of a person, where they're looking, what's captured in the image, background details, etc. Silhouetting is the lighting and shadowing in an image, and both are examples of profile photography. Profile photography always has to have a profile view, and every photo has silhouetting (lighting and shadowing) in it.

Double exposure is the act of blending multiple images together to make a transparent image that shows all/both images inside of it.These images are simple to make, and very interesting to see. You can make an image like this in Photoshop by taking a picture of something, and something/several other things. Next, you take the first picture and use the dodge tool, paintbrush tool, or quick-selection tool, to make sure only the pieces that you want of the first image are there, and everything else is white. Next, you make the background white, and use the blend mode function to show everything. The final step is to alter the details of the blend mode and the images and make adjustment layers to perfect the image. You would want to use this kind of image for expression and professional photography.

Explain the symbolism in your 2 visual examples AND how your quality of work could’ve improved.
The symbolism in this picture is to shed light on what kind of a person I am. There's darkness and anger and sadness in the colors, but also a bright green flower, showing the kindness I exhibit.
The symbolism in this picture shows that I have a lot of natural calm in me, despite how I frequently act (I am very hyper sometimes). There is nothing like plants and a small wave crashing to describe serenity.

19 comments:

  1. Pretty cool. I think your use of negative space could have been fixed because it's extremely close to the edge of the paper. I can't see the wave but I really like the adjustment layers on your flowers. Great symbolism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I really like how transparent it was. You could make the wave more visible though. Overall, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your pictures however the wave is very hard to identify. Awesome colors and effects. Overall, I think this is very great work Rafael!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great image, Raf! I can see a grassy substance, I guess it could be flowers. I can't really see any ocean... but I can still see the beanie and parts of your face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job, maybe make the wave more visible but I like the color contrast in both images.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you made two extra paragraphs to explain your pictures
    Next time try to make your pictures more clear
    Great cut out quality

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job! Good job with your negative space! I think that you could have arranged your photos inside of your image differently. Good job with your dodge tool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can only see one photo but thats okay, I think that once you explain your symbols it makes more sense... Pretty good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome work! I really like the different layer adjustments you added.

    ReplyDelete
  11. cool i would change the negative space in the photos tho. i like the flowers also. Also i like the waves. Over all good phoos

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great color scheme and effects.
    I think your picture could improve by making the wave image more visible.
    Over-all great work! I really like how you're still visible.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good job overall, maybe work on getting your second image to be visible.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the effect you added.
    I think your message kind of works because of the fact that I can see the flowers but I can't see the wave.
    I think to improve your final image your final image, you could make the wave more obvious.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice! I see part of the flowers but I didn't really see the wave. I like how you can see your face clearly. It looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job Raf! I like how you can see the flowers as well as key details from your portrait image. I think the wave could be more visible, but other than that, awesome finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Interesting symbolism and I like your layer effects. I love your colors, but I wish I could see your symbols more. Overall, great job Raf!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the transparency in you portrait. It's hard to see the symbols that you used, and I don't think they symbolize you that well, but good job.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice job! I think you could've made the images a little less transparent and I also think that you could arrange the images so that we could clearly see your two symbols.

    ReplyDelete