Monday, February 9, 2015

HDR Photography


What is HDR Photography, what is it used for & what do you like or dislike about it?

HDR photography is photography using (a) converged high-dynamic range photo(s). This means a photo with a lot of bright light and dark shadows, a large range of brightness and darkness. It is used to capture these images for a prettier picture with both included, and I like how good it can make certain scenes look. Using HDR at around sunset can create beautiful images and I like the function for its function.

How do you create an HDR image step-by-step? Is this different from automatic HDR functions & why?

You can create an HDR image step-by-step manually using the exposure function that most professional cameras have. Automatic HDR photos do this too, but the speed is much quicker, the effects sharper, and much less camera shake. This makes HDR pictures much easier to take, and preferable to manual.

Conclude by explaining in-depth the thought process behind at least 2 of your HDR examples.

Getting surrealism into photos was rather difficult. I  decided to take this picture because the sky looked beautiful, and its contrast with the water I believed would be very good. It allowed me to have both the bright sky and the dark, shadowed land in the same picture. I took this photo from a rock, and did my best to capture the full landscape of this area.

I took this photo because I wanted a better picture than what I previously had, and I wanted to capture Seth and the color and background behind him. I did my best to capture his shadowed face, the bright light and sky, and everything in between that. 
In this photo, I moved Seth into my landscape photo and altered him and the "Inspire" text layover behind him to provide a dreamy, philosophical mood for my assignment. I believe I did well with the photo editing and the contrast between Seth and the landscape, keeping his colors vibrant and surreal without messing up the landscape's contrast and vibrancy of its own colors.

29 comments:

  1. Nice landscape. I like how surreal all of your images look. I think you could've focused more on Seth's eyes because they look a little blurry compared to the landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your landscape and portrait photos are beautiful! Very surrealistic. I think you could've focused more on Seth's face. But great rule of thirds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the surreality of the both the landscape photo and the experiment photo! You did a awesome job on that! Great job also on the rule of thirds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's absolutely amazing, I'm speechless in awe of your masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Surrealism is great, very nicely done, maybe as Leslie said, focus more on Seths face in your portrait, but great job, rule of thirds is well executed as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice rule of thirds, text layover effects although text could be a little less transparent. But over all great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The surrealism is amazing (it exceeds 9,000). One thing you could do to make your photo better is to put the subject a little lower. Overall, I thought your photo is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job! Great use of rule of thirds! I think that you could ahve made your focus more onto the focal point. Good job with the surealism!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how you faded your word so it looks like it's in the clouds.
    Maybe Make the text bigger.
    The whole image is very surreal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOWOWOW. Great job! I really like how your photo is surreal! I really liked how you didn't forget to tone down the opacity like others. It makes your photo different. The only thing that I have to say is that your Experiment and your Landscape doesn't match that well. Like Seth is really bright but the sun is at a different location in your Landscape. Perhaps that adds to your surrealism though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing work rafael!!!
    Great surrealism and cutout quality however i think the text could be a little bigger and bolder but great job anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  12. amasing photo.and that dashing person in it !!!!!!!!amasing

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome surrealism and rule of thirds, but Seth could be more in focus... anyway nice cut out quality and layer effects.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your landscape and portrait photos are great. I think you could've focused more on Seth's face. Nice rule of thirds though

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice surrealism in your images. You could of turned up the opacity of your text. Really cool landscape image.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great work Rafael! Both your landscape and portrait pictures are amazing!
    I really like your text, but I believe you could have made it a little more transparent.
    Over-all fantastic work... I really like where you placed Seth also.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your landscape! definitely surreal.
    I think to improve your final product you could have move the horizon line slightly up or down, depending on what you wanted to catch, the sky or water.
    I also like the way you placed Seth on the bottom left of the picture to make him look off the page.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well you nailed the surrealism and rule of thirds. The text could be improved, but overall, great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great photos! I really like how surreal all your pictures are. I think that your cut out quality could be improved, but all your pictures are really well taken.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great job making everything appear surreal! I think Seth seems to be a little unfocused, but I love the transparency of your text which makes it even more surreal looking.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice surrealism in your images. You could of turned up the opacity of your text. Really cool landscape image.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The colors are insane, and I think you did a great job on bringing them out. I think the word could of been much bigger and pop out more. The cut out quality is great.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cool surreal.
    Work on that cutout!
    Good job though!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your Landscape is amazing! (Your sky is amazing!) Your cutout could be adjusted, but your surrealism is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your landscape is really nice. You could have turned up the opacity for your word. I like the surrealism of both of the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The surrealism in your photos is really nice. Your text could be bigger and maybe raise the opacity just a bit. But the cut looks nice as well as your rule of thirds.

    ReplyDelete
  27. great writing
    next time bring all your images to the botom
    great surelism

    ReplyDelete